Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chalk It Up!

Once again my family has found itself pretty busy lately. Never a dull moment around here this summner. Despite our packed calendar I have really enjoyed the family time we have had this year. Yesterday was so beautiful that on a whim decided to repurpose a bulletin board I had salvaged from my grandparents house. I have been wanting to make it into a chalkboard for my son who is three. It would be a good way to boost his creativity as well as a great tool for learning. I started by taking all the staples out, and repainting the frame.





Then with chalkboard paint I had purchased at Lowes I painted the inside which was already black. It dried so fast being outside in the sun that I was able to put it up only a few hours after I had finished! Our house is small and we don't have a lot of wall space, so I decided to put it in our living room where there would be easy access as well as a hard surface floor. I wasn't going to put it in his bedroom with carpet. I am not a big fan of messes. I had brought out his table and chairs too, so now our living room is doubling as what could easily take as a mini class room!


I loved the way it turned out! It was so easy to do too! So much fun to come! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment