Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Homemade Bug Spray



We live in the woods. As wonderful as it is, there is a downside: Bugs! Lots of them. We have bloodthirsty mosquito's and noseeum's. I had enough, and decided to find away to ward them off that didn't have nasty harsh chemicals. So, of course I had to make my own natural bug spray.

What do you need  besides an 8 oz spray bottle?

  • 8 oz. Witch Hazel
  • 26 drops Citronella Oil
  • 26 drops of Lemongrass Oil
  • 10-15- drops of Lavender Oil


You can find the essential oils at your local health food store and the witch hazel I found at Walmart for $1.44. Figuring out the cost after what you actually used, it works out to be only about $.75 per bottle! Crazy! 

I know I don't have to say it, but... Make sure you don't spray in your eyes and mouth. 

So hear's to being bug free! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment