Monday, January 13, 2014

Progress Continues on the Homeschool Front

We are about 60 days into our lessons so far. We were going to continue through Christmas, but as good as our intentions were, we had too much going on to be consistent, so we ended up with a break.

It is starting to get pretty exciting! Wyatt is now learning to read! I wish I could relay the feeling of satisfaction that I have to you better because there is nothing else like it! To be the one to teach him how to read is just awesome!

We still have days that aren't as productive. Days when his heart isn't into it. Those kind of days are hit and miss anymore. Not as frequent as they used to be. I think it has been getting better because he is finally seeing results. He is realizing that what we have been working on is paying off with something better.






These are his cursive Y,y's we just started working on. I decided we would still do the cursive lessons, but we're not going to spend a lot of time on it. They can be frustrating, and he is a boy, so I'm not going to push it. He does do a great job when he's into it. 




He is reading sentences like this one below. We have only worked on short vowels and have had sight words "the" and "a" so far. He loves the word "the" because in our lesson it is called a rule breaker. For a boy, that is just so cool.

I even learned something new today. K goes with i and e, c goes with the other three, a o u. Hmmm... Don't think I ever knew that! 




I can't wait to see what the end of the year brings. It is so rewarding to be a part of this process. I would do it again in a heart beat!




No comments:

Post a Comment