Friday, March 22, 2013

The Mini Van

We've always said, my husband and I, "No mini van...EVER." We are too cool for mini vans. Period. Enough said. Right? No. Not quite.

As much as I hate to say it, I am no longer too cool. This week, we crossed the point of no return, we bought...a mini van.

My husband still resists even though it has already been bought and paid for. Maybe it's denial. If he doesn't acknowledge it exists then, in his mind it must not. Me on the other hand, I have to admit, I am embracing it with open arms. That's right, I LOVE it! It was long over due, and I am not looking back!

The room! I just can't get over the feeling I have when I get in it. Let me explain where I am coming from. Two words: Volkswagen Jetta. Yep, we have been squeezing four of us in that small thing for almost a year now! Once we had our little Josie things got crazy!  I can't believe we managed all that time after all the real estate available in this van!

The front passenger seat was pretty much all the way forward with the seat back straight up to be able to accommodate the rear facing convertible car seat. We had Wyatt with his booster behind the driver seat. Leaving only 8 inches in the middle between them. Not family friendly my any means. So we began our search for a mini van.

It wasn't easy getting to this point though. If I don't see Craigslist again for the rest of my life it will be too soon. I know more about every kind of van than anyone should. And I hope and pray this will last us at least another six years before we have to do any vehicle searching again.

Even though it is 9 years old it is still 7 years newer than car we are replacing. We still paid too much for it. Thank you Cash for Clunkers for making it so much easier to find an affordable used car, said no one ever!

And don't worry the Jetta isn't going anywhere. When you get a vehicle that gets 46 mpg you don't get rid of it. My husband is too happy to have it for his new fishing car.

Needless to say, we are now officially mini van owners. While my husband still refuses to drive it. I am happy. You know the saying right?  "Happy Wife = Happy Life"


No comments:

Post a Comment