Thursday, September 11, 2014

First Day of 1st Grade




We started school finally on Monday. I was hoping to stay as close to the local schools schedule as possible. I have this goal this year to not take advantage of our flexibility with homeschooling like I did last year. We went into July until I finally said enough. We only had a couple weeks left to do anyway.

This year will be easier with Nicks new job. He works M-F 7-4. None of that open/close business anymore! And with him not having his days off during the school week we will have less distractions. When daddy is home, kids want to play.

So far we are doing a lot of review. Which is good, because I can tell we are a little rusty in some areas. One thing I am not sure about is everything is done in cursive this year. I didn't know it was going to be that way when I bought his curriculum, but he actually is doing well with it.

Today he is full of funnies. I guess it started off that way when he got dressed: Blue plaid shorts, long-john shirt, green TMNT hoodie, and of course a blue striped tie. During school today he says to me, "Did you know 5's are girls. So are 6's. They look like they are having babies."

Then he asks me later, "Can we go running today?" Like we run? "Because I'm an experienced runner." Ohhhh. Got it!

I'm hoping this year we will keep a good momentum and routine. I'm hoping!

                                                     Favorite Things:
  • Science
  • Red and Black
  • Spaghetti
  • Soccer and Baseball
  • Monkies
Wyatt wants to be a scientist!

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment