Friday, May 6, 2011

My First Sale

I was given a long time ago from my Amish cousins, a large assortment of letter stensils. They were all hand made in a variety of sizes and letter styles. I didn't know what I would use them for at the time, but I will be forever grateful that they gave them to me.

I decided to try using the stensils in a way that would fit with what I was working on. Watercolors. My first intent was to be names for nursery's or childrens rooms. So I used my sons name as an example:



I really loved how it turned out! They would look great framed or as is. I put them up in my sons room as is. It looks great! I put them up a little higher than I would like, but I didn't want to encourage little hands to grab them.





I figured other words could be done the same way, like "Love", "Joy", "Faith", ect. But by selling them individually, I can do just one letter too! That brings me to my first sale! The letter "A"! "A" for the first letter of the last name of my first customer! Each letter is it's own piece of art. The way the watercolor runs togther creating a unique look for each and every one!


"T"




I have also done "A B C" in the same style. I am quite please on how they turned out as well! 






It has been really nice to finally use my Amish cousins' stensils! I have been putting them to use quite a bit lately and have been having a lot of fun with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment