Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ice Cream Social Birthday Party

It has been a whirlwind of a few weeks, but I think things should start slowing down soon. We had Wyatt's big "Birthday Bash" today and had a great time catching up with family and friends. I think it is safe to say Wyatt had a fantastic time!

This year we decided to do an Ice Cream Social. Who doesn't like ice cream? I know I do! I found the perfect cups for the ice cream on Etsy from a shop called PaperTreats. They were a little smaller than I hoped for, but perfect for kids.


{www.etsy.com/shop/papertreats}


Of course we had to have toppings to go with our ice cream, so toppings we had!





We had crushed Kit Kat Bars, Reeces Peanut Butter Cups, Mint Cookies, Oreos, and Graham Crackers. We also had M & M Mini's, Mini Chocolate Chips, Sprinkles, Peanuts, Strawberry Coulis, and homemade Chocolate Syrup. I think that about covers it!

Then going with the "ice cream" theme we had Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes!






Of course a party isn't complete without punch. I did one can of frozen fruit juice with three cans water, one 2-liter of Ginger Ale, and Raspberry Sherbert. I cut up lemons and limes into slices put in a muffin tin and covered with a little water to freeze for my ice. I found some very cool straws at Hobby Lobby my last visit and thought that the kids would get a kick out of them. They got to take them home too!







All the kids got to leave with favor bags. I found white paper craft bags at Hobby Lobby and painted them for something fun.



Then I included a Kool-Aid play-doh recipe with all the dry fixings...





  ...and a CD of Wyatt's favorite tunes. I made the envelopes out of scrapbook paper.






I even made party hats for the kids using cereal boxes, scrapbook paper and Mod Podge, but I have to admit that effort may have been in vain. The kids weren't all that interested in them.






It was a lot of fun to plan and I am very pleased with how it all turned out. I hope everyone had as good as time as we did! I can't believe we have a four year old already, how time flies!




No comments:

Post a Comment