Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Big Boy Bed

It is a big day for Wyatt today! He gets his Big Boy Bed! He is so excited! We got the bed at Habitat for Humanity for $28 a couple weeks ago. It is a steel bed and very solid. Just needed some TLC. I kind of liked the way it looked originally, but it had a lot of rust, so I ended up painting it.




{Before}





{Nick sanded down the rusty spots for me}





Today we went and got the mattress and box springs. We kind of looked a little hillbilly with them strapped to the roof of our car... but we were able to get them home.





{Finished!}




{Had to test it out!}



I didn't realize how tall it is after it was all put together. We are going to have to get a swimming noodle to put underneath the sheet to help him from rolling off the edge. It is a MUCH bigger fall with this bed! I am also hoping this will renew our desire for naps too! I know, I am probably not going to see that, but I can hope can't I?





No comments:

Post a Comment