Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!




It is always nice this time of year to recognize all the things we are thankful for. And today, I am thankful.


  1. I am thankful for God.  As I look back over the years it amazes me that even though I decided to take control of my life and turned away from God, he still had a plan for me. Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." I think of my husband, whom I met during the time I pushed God out of my life. We made many mistakes, did things the wrong way, even the hard way sometimes. We got married, although we both believed in God, we were not followers. After I got pregnant with our first, I realized the error of my ways. I recommitted my life to the Lord and at that point on we were "unequally yoked." That made things very difficult. But guess what?! Through all the hard times, all the disagreements, and through all the trials our marriage and relationship faced, God was there, working it all for the good. Happy to say we are no longer "unequally yoked!" Almost four years ago, my husband recommitted his life to the Lord and things have certainly changed! Next year we will celebrate 10 years of marriage. The years that we have had God at the center have been by far the best! 
  2. I am thankful for my husband. He is my best friend, a wonderful daddy, and a great provider. I am so grateful for the opportunity and all his hard work so that I am able to stay at home and help raise our kids. It may not be easy living on one income, but I wouldn't change a thing. 
  3. I am thankful for my children. My kid are so special to me. They are fun, silly, beautiful, loving, strong, and smart. They test me, push me, and sometimes down right frustrate me. They are forgiving and full of grace. I can learn as much from them as they can learn from me. 
  4. I am thankful for my family. Their love, support, time, and encouragement is always there. 
  5. I am thankful for my friends. Their love and acceptance of me, a deeply flawed and imperfect person. 
  6. I am thankful for my church family. For their love, fellowship, and encouragement.
  7. I am thankful for my country. Although we are going through some troubling changes and times, it is still the best place on earth. Freedom comes at a cost, and I am grateful to those who have given so much that we can enjoy all that we have. 
  8. I am thankful for a simple life. I am grateful for all that I have. I find myself wanting less, more and more. I am on the path to contentment.

H A P P Y    T H A N K S G I V I N G !


No comments:

Post a Comment