Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Six Years Old!




Saturday we celebrated Wyatt's sixth birthday although it was really Sunday. During last years birthday planning Wyatt decided he wanted a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle birthday party and I was doing the wait and see routine since it was a whole year away. A lot can change in a year. But not that.

We had it at the clubhouse again since we don't have a lot of space. We had about 9 kids and two little ones, plus moms and dads, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. Wyatt had been literally counting down the days for months.

Since we were doing a TMNT party we had to have pizza. So we had made up some homemade, and some Hot and Ready's due to my failure to figure out how much dough was needed. I hadn't thawed enough, so I had Nick run into town a 45 minute round trip for three Hot and Ready's to supplement. Turned out we only really needed one more, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. A huge thank you to my mom who made the pizza's for me as I erred on prep time as well.

I had planned on going to the Mom 2 Mom Sale that morning and I am so glad I sacrificed some good deals, otherwise I would have been in big trouble time wise! I got up at 7 AM sharp and started my morning making cupcakes and taking the dough out of the freezer. It was go, go, go the rest of the day.

I got down to the clubhouse to decorate just after 10 AM with the party starting at noon. Yikes! After unloading the van I got busy. I was so relieved at 20 minutes to 11 AM my mom, dad, and adopted sister walked through the doors! What a glorious sight!

Dad and Josephine worked on blowing up balloons for me which we scattered through out the dining room. Dad ran up to the house to bring the ball bat that I had forgot for the pinata. My brother and dad helped tie up and hang the pinata's. THANK YOU!!!





























It wasn't long and the party was underway! We started off with eating lunch, then I had the kids make slime. Super easy, and a ton of fun! The kids decorated containers I found at Dollar Tree with TMNT stickers then mixed up equal parts liquid starch and Elmers glue. A big thank you to Rebekah and Teresa for helping with that as well!

After making slime we did the pinata's. Nick and I made four, one of each of the Turtles. We hung them up and put a little candy in each, but most of it in one random one. I have to say the kids loved it. It was so much fun watching them.






After the pinata's were broke and candy gotten we did cake and ice cream followed by gifts. Oh, did I mention Michelangelo is his favorite? It was a whirlwind of a party, and although it was a lot of work it was so much fun! I can't believe my baby is six! Neither can Wyatt. A few days later he said, "I still feel five..." After all the hype counting down the days for this momentous occasion, I think he was expecting to feel different too.




Happy Birthday Wyatt!! Mama, Daddy, and Josie love you SO much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment