Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The "Long Distance" Hug

Looking for something fun to do with my son, I came across the inspiration I needed on Pinterest . {This seems to be a reoccurring theme with me!} I found the idea of the "Long Distance" Hug from  tonsoffunpreschoolactivities.blogspot.com and revamped it a little.

This caught my eye as a terrific way to send some love to his Nana Great who lives in Oklahoma. Many, many states away!

I used:    
  • Multipurpse paper
  • Scrapebooking paper
  • Finger paint
  • Balers twine
  • Glue {I used E-6000 because that is all I have, believe it or not.}
               
{the "Long Distance" Hug}

It was kind of funny when I put the paint on his hands. He gave me a look like he wasn't sure we should be doing this. {You know, paint stays on the paper!} He was game though and washed it off right a way.

After waiting for the hand prints to dry I cut them out and glued them onto scrapbook paper I had doubled over for durablity as well as keeping the back side from being stark white.

I added the baler twine by gluing the ends in between the papers instead of just taping them to the back side. Then voila! The perfect "Hug" to help close the gap between loved ones!  

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment