Saturday, March 17, 2012

Enjoying the Great Outdoors

It has been SO beautiful the last couple days! I love being able to open the windows to let all the fresh air in, not to mention being able to go outside to play. I have to admit, I didn't really feel too motivated today looking at all the leaves that need to be raked or any of the other number of tasks I could go do outside. I really just feel like enjoying what God gave us: The Great Outdoors!



{Spring has sprung!}

So, that is exactly what I did. After putting Wyatt down for a nap I went outside and laid down on the bench and yep, you guessed it, I took a nap too! Ahhhh, it was so peaceful listening to the wind in the leaves and an occasional bird. That was all that could be heard! No cars, bikes, or jets! {We live next to a military base and we hear jets ALL the time in the summer.}

Later after breaking out the grill for the first time this winter for dinner we decided to have a bon fire, another first for the year! It was great! We didn't have chocolate for s'mores, but I did have graham crackers and marshmallows so, we improvised. Wyatt was very content sitting by the fire with his s'mores.



{Enjoying the good life!}



{Tending the fire}




{Our family}


It was nice spending time outside together as a family. I am definitely going to look forward to more of this coming up through out the summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment